A.J. Jacobs is the Editor-at-Large of Esquire Magazine and the New York Times bestselling author of multiple books. His three TED Talks have collectively garnered more than three million views. He describes himself as “a father of three, husband of one, and cousin to millions.”
And he’s probably your cousin. Twice removed.
AJ joins me on this episode to chat about motivation, habits, and living life as an experiment.
Here are some of the stories we cover:
- Why AJ divulged his entire sexual history to actress Scarlett Johansson.
- How AJ successfully and frequently changes his behaviors and habits.
- AJ’s experimental approach to life.
- Why the adage “fake it ’til you make it” — or rather, “fake it ’til you become it” — is essential for developing habits.
- How gratitude at extreme levels can become a mindset game-changer.
- How healthy living nearly killed him.
- AJ’s quest to demonstrate the idea that we’re all related — and throw the world’s largest family reunion.
- It’s All Relative
- My Life as an Experiment
- A Year of Living Biblically
- Drop Dead Healthy
- The Know-It-All
A.J.’s TED Talks:
Thanks to our sponsors!
Are you hiring? Do you know where to post your job to find the best candidates?
With ZipRecruiter, you can post your job to over one hundred of the web’s leading job boards with just one click. So you can rest easy knowing your job is being seen by the right candidates.
Then, ZipRecruiter puts its smart matching technology to work – actively notifying qualified candidates about your job within minutes of posting, so you receive the best possible matches.
No wonder 80% of employers who post on ZipRecruiter get a quality candidate through the site in just one day.
You’re busy. You don’t need to junk up your schedule with mundane tasks.
Here’s a question: if you’re an entrepreneur or someone with a side hustle, how much time do you spend organizing invoices, chasing your clients down for late payments, and messing with receipts and reimbursements?
Yeah — more than you’d like to.
Save time by using Freshbooks, an easy-to-use, cloud-based accounting system that takes the stress and hassle out of bookkeeping and, especially, invoicing. You can create an invoice in a few seconds, and Freshbooks’ automated system will handle the rest. They’ll help you get paid faster, with less hassle.
Wanna try them for free?
Visit Freshbooks.com/paula for a free 30-day trial. Please mention this show when they ask how you heard about them.