Natalie Sisson was tired of the corporate world. She wanted freedom, adventure and fulfillment.
In 2008, she quit her job and co-founded a tech company — but soon she discovered that running a company felt a lot like having a day job.
Two years later, she quit her own company in order to truly strike out on her own.
Since 2010, Natalie has run an online business from her laptop while traveling the globe. She’s visited 70 countries, living out of a suitcase while running a lucrative six-figure business.
She also owns investment real estate in Portugal and New Zealand.
In this interview, Natalie and I discuss:
- The four phases of entrepreneurship: The Dreamer, The Hustler, The Superhero and The Freedomist.
- Why Natalie transitioned from a steady paycheck to the financially volatile life of an entrepreneur.
- How Natalie coped when her bank account dwindled to her last $17.
- The major family crisis that reinforced why freedom and flexibility matter more than any job.
- How she bought a property in a foreign country.
- How she manages an Airbnb rental property from halfway around the world.
- Why a minimalist attitude towards possessions is crucial for a traveler and entrepreneur.
P.S. – Airbnb makes it easy to put your extra space to work for you. Become a host today, and you can start boosting your income!
Thanks to our sponsors!
Are you getting the most out of your bank? If your bank isn’t making you money or providing an incentive for your business, it’s time to find one that will.
Thankfully, GOBankingRates is back for the sixth year in a row with their Best Banks rankings, with categories such as Best Online Bank, Best Checking Account, and 10 Editor’s Picks.
Maintaining healthy credit is important if you want to buy houses (residential or investment properties). So if you want to check your credit score for free, plus get personalized tips about managing your finances, check out Credit Sesame.
This website is absolutely free — and as a bonus, with your membership, you also get free identity theft insurance worth up to $50,000. Check ’em out!
Save time by using Freshbooks, an easy-to-use, cloud-based accounting system that takes the stress and hassle out of bookkeeping and, especially, invoicing. You can create an invoice in a few seconds, and Freshbooks’ automated system will handle the rest. They’ll help you get paid faster, with less hassle.
Wanna try them for free?
Are you an entrepreneur? Do you have a side hustle in which you send physical goods to customers — like an Etsy shop?
If so, check out ShipStation. They offer two awesome benefits:
- It’s a centralized platform which you can use to process shipping orders. You can import, manage, and ship your orders from one simple interface. They have shipping labels for all of the top carriers.
- They offer deep discounts on shipping! This could potentially save your business a lot of money.
Interested? Try ShipStation for free for 30 days and get additional month free, only if you use my promo code Paula. Just click this link, then click on “heard our ad?” on the top right of the screen, and type in Paula. Make Ship Happen.