There are five procrastination triggers, says author Stephen Guise:
- Fun: We enjoy TV, video games, and anything else that’s easy.
- Fear: We’re afraid of failure, and therefore we avoid trying.
- Overwhelm: When the task ahead is daunting, we escape into distraction and avoidance.
- Brain Overheating: When our mental energy wanes, we’ll ‘zombie’ out with YouTube or social media.
- Responsibility: When we’re overloaded with responsibilities, we neglect them.
Procrastination creates temporary comfort and escape. But it’s also a barrier between what’s real and what’s possible.
How can we battle procrastination?
In today’s episode, Stephen Guise, the author of Mini Habits, talks about how tiny steps and micro-behavior-changes can lead to massive results.
Here’s an example: